Duct Cleaning in Restaurants – How Often?
Duct cleaning is part of kitchen exhaust system maintenance. Different settings and uses will affect the frequency of restaurant duct cleaning needs.
The most common restaurant duct cleaning and exhaust system cleaning frequency is every three months. However, this can vary. For instance, kitchen exhaust systems that need cleaning more often are those over wood-burning or charcoal-burning stoves. These should be cleaned at least every month and, in some cases, as often as every two weeks.
Below are various types of cooking establishments and their most commonly recommended cleaning frequencies.
- Wood-burning or charcoal-burning stoves, char broilers, 24-hour restaurants, some hamburger places: one month.
- Many hamburger restaurants and fast-food locations: two months.
- Average restaurant, employee cafeteria, hotel or hospital kitchen: three months.
- Pizza places, convalescent hospital, small snack bar, oven hood: six months.
- Hoods over non-grease-creating appliances such as steam kettles, dishwashers, and soup vats: one year.
Kitchen exhaust and duct cleaning is a standard part of the routine maintenance of any cooking establishment. All kitchen managers or restaurant owners should be aware of its role in fire prevention and ensure it is done on a regular basis.
THE ACTION DUCT GUARANTEE: All of our work is guaranteed to pass fire, health and insurance inspection.